The Security Supervisors course follows the UK Department for Transports guidelines, under the auspices of the UK National Aviation Security Training Programme.
The course is designed to train security supervisors of all disciplines, and has been carefully designed to cater for those delegates with no previous experience, whilst at the same time challenging experienced supervisors that require refreshing or bringing up to speed with current industry standards, best practices and new procedures and/or legislation.
The course includes the following training modules:
- Searching Aircraft, Passengers and Vehicles
- Prohibited Items
- Technology in Aviation Security
- The Role of the Supervisor
- Managing a security incident
Progression from Security Officer to Security Supervisor is justifiably recognised as a substantial move upward into a management role.
Many supervisors deputise for Duty Managers and therefore require skills that give them the confidence to solve day to day operational issues, whilst being prepared for managing staff, completing audits and assessments.
In recognition of this Redline’s courses include:
- A detailed Threat to Aviation presentation
- Practical search exercises of vehicles, people and aircraft
- An airport visit as an introduction to information gathering and assessments
- Supervisor Role Play exercises on giving feedback
- Report writing
This course like so many of Redline's products can be tailored to meet the customer’s exact requirements.
It can be delivered at our state-of-the–art training facility, or be adapted and delivered at your location: it is possible to add exciting group team building exercises at some locations.