The NSTC has state of the art furnishings with the latest integrated media and projection systems ensure the best possible learning experience.
There are two fully sound proofed training rooms fitted with hi-tech computerised learning stations each student can learn at their own rate and without distraction.
Each student has individual access to training materials, security reference documents and the internet as well as a vast array of supporting media and software applications to make training and learning up to date and interactive.
All classroom training delivered by RAS is conducted in this environment ensuring all delegates enjoy a first-class learning experience.
Training Hall Facilities
The ground floor has been turned into a training hall which is equipped by Smith Detection UK to include Advanced Cabin Baggage X-ray (ACBX) and the latest security scanner.
The hall includes a mocked up terminal and two full security lanes which can accurately replicate the passenger’s journey through the security process – from checking in hold baggage onwards to an aircraft.
The equipment available to trainees includes:
- EU Standard 2 Advanced Walk Through Metal Detectors
- Smiths aTix 6040 ACBX Dual View
- Explosive Trace Detection (ETD)
- Explosive Vapour Detection Equipment (VADE)
- Smiths 145/180 Cargo machine
- Smiths 100/100 HBS system with a fully automated 5 stage rejection system
- Smiths Eqo millimeter wave security scanner
- Controlled by Bimoetric access control systems
These aspects of procedural security are augmented by displays of physical security provided by Citadel Security which includes examples of security fencing, security lighting and CCTV.
The CCTV has training stations linked to advanced cameras situated around the facility.