This course is intended for personnel involved with oversight responsibility for the handling of cargo and mail. It provides information on the purpose and intent of existing security measures, the implementation of appropriate security controls for cargo consignments, and the appropriate emergency response procedures in the event of a cargo security incident.
Enable selected personnel to:
- appreciate the origin and purpose of security measures and procedures necessary for the protection of cargo, courier/express parcels, mail and operators’ supplies;
- understand the nature of the threat posed to aircraft by explosives and other dangerous substances;
- understand the concept of a secure supply chain;
- apply appropriate security controls to cargo consignments;
- inspect, screen or search consignments in accordance with prescribed security principles;
- ensure that all cargo facilities, vehicles, containers and equipment are subject to security control; and
- apply proper response action to an airline security emergency related to suspect cargo.
Nominees should work for the appropriate State authority responsible for aviation security, other regulatory authorities, airports, airlines, and/or other stakeholders that have an active role in maintaining air cargo and mail security. This course is also appropriate for national AvSec instructors who are, or will be, responsible for training similar subject matter.
Trainees should satisfy the following criteria:
- have written and oral command of the language of instruction;have oversight responsibility as it pertains to cargo security related to the handling, acceptance and/or documenting the implementation of cargo security measures within organizations mentioned in the target population
- have oversight responsibility as it pertains to cargo security related to the handling, acceptance and/or documenting the implementation of cargo security measures within organisations mentioned in the target population
If you would like to learn about how you can benefit from an air cargo and mail security course, call 01302 288362 or complete the enquiry form below.